Monday 25 March 2013

Paint Small Scale

I have taken a close up photo of the painting I did in the paddock.  I forgot yesterday, probably because I was so cold by the time I got back indoors.  Then I had to clean up my brushes before having, at last, lovely hot soup...

'Last of the Snow', Artisan oils, 10x8"
Have realised how tricky it is to photograph oil paintings when they are fresh.  There is a sheen that makes light bounce off the surface.  One aspect I did enjoy was working on this scale - it can help to stop all those fiddly details.

If this is one of your goals, why not try this?  Big brushes - small scale support - and save the little brushes just for a few tweaks at the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The internet is a great place to connect with like minded people - I would love to hear from you!