Tuesday 20 May 2014

Open Studio 2014



Apologies, I can't believe that I left it so long without updating these blog posts! The busier I am, the more I have to potentially show you but the less time there is to sit at the computer. The sun is shining and there is a Bank Holiday weekend coming up - yes, it is that time of year again when artists across Norfolk throw open their studio doors and invite family, friends and the general public into their creative spaces. In previous years I have intermittently participated as part of a group in various locations, but this year I am opening my own studio here at home...

I have been doing some dusting and hoovering and sorting/organising the clutter that inevitably accumulates in the corners, but don't worry, it is unmistakably a working artist studio and I certainly plan to be drawing and painting during the opening times. I have enjoyed deciding what work to display and where, I think I should change things around on the walls more often! It can help to see work with fresh eyes. With just a few days left to go I now feel almost ready.


Almost ready... and here is a taster
 
For directions please visit the Norfolk & Norwich Open Studio website at www.nnopenstudios.org.uk or if you are local and have a brochure see page 66, under West Norfolk 14. Please note it is a different image in these locations - so look for the lemur!

In the meantime, here is a personal invitation. If you are in the area it would be lovely to see you. More news soon, and I will catch up news on my self-set 'Artist in an Acre' project.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The internet is a great place to connect with like minded people - I would love to hear from you!