Friday 13 September 2013

Exhibition Round-Up and First Effort at Time-Lapse Video!

WNAA 'Small Works' exhibition in Shakespeare Barn, King's Lynn

The latest art exhibitions at the King's Lynn Art Centre are now in full swing.  All four galleries are showing work by local artists - so much talent in West Norfolk!  I have already done several sessions invigilating and always enjoy meeting visitors and getting feedback on any of the work on display. 


Pattern of Light, acrylic on canvas, 30 x 30 cms
My painting with selected grey background square in the
WNAA Small Works exhibition

Almost everyone comments on the novel approach to display in the WNAA Small Works exhibition.  I find it fascinating to see which colour each artist has chosen to enhance their work.  It is amazing how each becomes a little jewel in its own setting.  We have had a few people asking what the accompanied paint colour is called (perhaps inspired to use it as a feature wall in their home?) and in a previous year one artist who sold his artwork was invited to paint the square too.


'Wildlife in Art 2013' exhibition in The Fermoy Gallery, King's Lynn

A very different display for the Wildlife in Art 2013 exhibition - not an easy task to create an exhibition that flows with such an array of media, styles, shapes and sizes.  Congratulations to Peter, Ann and David - you did it!

In the photo above you can just about make out my owl painting.  I treated myself to a little camcorder a few weeks ago and made sure it was one that had a time-lapse recording function on it.  This enables a long period of time to be condensed into a much shorter time frame by only capturing snatches of images at pre-set intervals.  I have had a go at this while painting Monty: Eurasian Eagle Owl.  I am offering this short video to you for viewing, but apologize for any frustration it may cause - unfortunately I ran out of battery before I even started working on those gorgeous orange eyes!  I had been playing around with the camera and getting used to the various functions; I should have charged the battery before filming the painting session.  Learning a lesson the hard way...




To try and make amends I finish with a photo of Monty: Eurasian Eagle Owl.  My original reference photo was taken when Paul and I were in the Lake District and while exploring Kendal we came across an owl recue association promoting their work that had some of their magnificent birds with them.  Paul had the opportunity to have a large leather glove on his fist and Monty sat there quite content while I took some photos.  We left a healthy donation to support their work!

  
Monty: Eurasian Eagle Owl, acrylic on canvas, 
(copyright Tod Evans) 

The exhibitions at the King's Lynn Art Centre www.kingslynnarts.co.uk continue until Sunday 15th September, closing at 5pm, so if you are visiting the area I urge you to go along and have a look - there is something for all tastes and you will definitely come away inspired.  You may even be tempted to purchase some original art to hang in your own home.



1 comment:

  1. Love the time lapse video of the owl! So interesting to watch x

    ReplyDelete

The internet is a great place to connect with like minded people - I would love to hear from you!