Tuesday 17 September 2013

Winner of Peoples' Choice Prize!

Prize for the Peoples' Choice!

I was absolutely thrilled yesterday to discover that my monochrome acrylic painting Pattern of Light in the WNAA Small Works exhibition was voted as the Peoples' Choice.  It's the first time I have ever won anything for my art!  I was the lucky winner of this gorgeous Derwent box set of Sketching and Drawing Pencils.  A big 'thank you' to David Cook for his generous donation of this quality product, it is very much appreciated and will certainly be put to good use.  I believe eight works of art were sold - including my Pattern of Light.  Once all the work was removed from the walls several of us had the task of painting over the coloured squares with white emulsion.  This involved at least three coats over the strongest colours, but it was very satisfying to leave the gallery as a clean blank canvas ready for the next exhibition. 

The Wildlife in Art 2013 exhibition finished at the same time and although I have had some lovely comments about my two paintings they did not sell.  I am considering entering them for an online art competition at the Light Space & Time Online Gallery which I came across recently.  They are taking entries for the 3rd Annual Animals Online Art Competition.  Go to www.lightspacetime.com for more details.

Encouraging words about your artwork, the sale of a painting, the recognition of an art prize, however big or small, are all confidence boosters to be savoured - and remembered during the times when doubts creep in or inspiration and motivation seem to have deserted you.  The highs and lows of living a creative life...

1 comment:

The internet is a great place to connect with like minded people - I would love to hear from you!