Sunday 26 January 2014

Another Attempt at YouTube Videos!

Tubes of watercolour

Watercolours seem to be featuring quite a lot in my recent work, and also in the mixed media classes that have just started back after the Christmas break. This medium is so seductive, but probably one of the trickiest as there are so many variables - and to my mind it works best when 'given it's head' a bit. The paint likes to move by itself in water and it is scary to not be totally in control, but this is when watercolour seems to be magic! I decided to have another go at making a YouTube video and use it to introduce the materials and some basic principles/techniques as hints and tips. My previous attempts were time lapse - this would involve speaking...

The introduction involved two attempts. The first time I tailed off at one point, forgetting what I wanted to say. However once I moved into chatting about the materials and the actual demonstration parts it was fine. In fact, once I'm off, there's no stopping me and I totally forgot that at the moment my YouTube account will only allow 15 minute maximum video length. I definitely exceeded that. Consequently, I had to discover (fast) how to edit and trim the video into two parts. Also how to join the short introduction so it was incorporated into the first section. So, the video has been posted in two parts again - not ideal but I will remember the shorter time frame in future. The good news? I also learnt how to use YouTube editor to add a title and an end frame with this blog address.


Thinking About Watercolour 1:  Introduction and Basic Materials


Thinking About Watercolour 2: Basic Hints and Tips


Hope you enjoy my efforts, and would love any feedback!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The internet is a great place to connect with like minded people - I would love to hear from you!