Monday 30 June 2014

Keep That Sketchbook Ready...

Harvey, quick graphite pencil sketch
(detail from page in Derwent 17cm x 12cm sketchbook ). 

A trip to Norwich today (shopping and library) unexpectedly offered a lovely twenty minute sketching opportunity! I use the Park and Ride and also on the bus was a couple with a delightful terrier type dog who looked a real character. As the bus set off my fingers were itching to grab my pencil and start sketching. As I now always have a sketchbook and small pencil case in the front pocket of my handbag there was no delay. When we got off the bus in Norwich I spoke to the couple, asked about their delightful dog and showed them the sketches. They seemed quite surprised, and pleased, when I offered to email images of the sketchbook pages to them. So, the moral of this blog post - keep that sketchbook ready, you never know when it will come in handy.

Searching lines, focus intense... hand/eye coordination kick in.

Harvey moves around constantly
as the bus hurtles along the dual carriageway.

Harvey braces himself as the bus swings along busier roads to the city.


Harvey, detail from page.
Harvey, detail from page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The internet is a great place to connect with like minded people - I would love to hear from you!